The benefits of natural gas
Looking for a convenient, plentiful and versatile fuel? Then look no further.
Natural gas comes directly to your home, so it’s available on demand.
Unlike other fuels, there’s no waiting, no storage and no mess. The natural gas fields in the United States and Canada will provide you with an abundant - and domestic - supply well into the 21st century. And once you have natural gas heat, adding a natural gas range, water heater, dryer or fireplace is easy and economical.
When you add those natural gas appliances to your home, you’re making an investment in quick comfort because they produce lots of warm, cozy air - fast. Plus, you’re increasing the total value of your home since home buyers prefer natural gas heat and water heaters ahead of all other systems. Many families have found comfort in taking natural gas to the outdoors.
Natural gas is also a clean-burning fuel so it helps protect our environment. And while natural gas can be burned in combustion turbines to generate electricity for our region, using it directly in your home for heating and cooking is the most efficient use of this natural resource.
Compare fuel costs
Try our Fuel Cost Comparison Calculator to estimate your annual heating and water heating costs compared to alternative energy sources.
How to get natural gas
- Call 877-GAS-TEAM (877-427-8326) to verify natural gas is available to your home. An Avista representative will assist you and answer any questions you may have.
- Consult a local heating dealer for a free in-home review of your equipment needs and a no-obligation analysis and estimate.
- Contact your local Avista representative to establish your account after you accept your dealer’s estimate. Our representative will coordinate installation of your new natural gas service line from the street to the proposed gas meter location.
- Call us to activate your service after your dealer completes the equipment installation; many dealers will make this call for you.
- Relax in the comfort that only natural gas can provide while you enjoy the convenience of this clean and dependable energy source.
For more information about the important role Natural gas plays in our region, visit the Northwest Gas Association website.
If you would like information on pricing, click here