When you look around your garage, shed or home, can you spot what could be costing you up to $100 a year to run? If you have a refrigerator or freezer built before 1990, it’s consuming up to four times more energy than a new, more efficient model and costing you more to use.
With Avista’s Refrigerator Recycling Program, you can earn $30 to recycle your old refrigerator or freezer. You also have the option of donating your rebate to Project Share - a customer, community and Avista funded program that provides one-time emergency energy assistance to help families in need in our region.
Here’s what you need to do:
• Be an Avista electric customer
• Own the appliance you want to recycle
• Make sure your unit is in good working condition
• See if it was manufactured in 1995 or earlier
• Call (877) 577-0510 to schedule a free pickup or visit everylittlebit.com
for more information
• When scheduling your refrigerator or freezer pick-up, let the customer representatives know if you would like to donate your rebate to Project Share
Our partner JACO Environmental will pick up your old refrigerator or freezer which will be dismantled and recycled through a process that returns up to 95 percent of each unit back into the manufacturing stream.
If you’re purchasing a new Energy Star refrigerator or freezer, check out our energy efficiency appliance rebates at everylittlebit.com.