WHAT IS AUTOMATED BENCHMARKING?
Energy Star® provides a website where building owners can enter building data for benchmarking building energy performance. Once this is established Avista can then upload the last 12 months of usage data and continue monthly uploads without any extra effort by building owners through the Automated Benchmarking Service (ABS). ABS works with Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager and enables building owners to identify poorly performing buildings and provides baseline data and the means for comparing performance of similar buildings.
DOES YOUR BUILDING QUALIFY?
The Automated Benchmarking Service supports these building types:
- Office, financial, data centers and garages
- College and K-12 school buildings
- Medical and health care facilities
- Residence hall and dormitories
- Multifamily housing
- Hotels and motels
- Manufacturing and industrial buildings
- Retail stores
- Houses of Worship
View other qualifying operating characteristics
HOW TO GET STARTED
We have created a PDF with step-by-step instructions to help you get started.
You will need to create an account on Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager website. Once this is done, the following items are needed for Automated Benchmarking:
- Enter basic building data for each building you wish to benchmark (Add a Property).
- Add meter. Enter in the 9-digit meter number, include leading zeros when necessary. Please note: meter numbers entered into Portfolio Manager must match our records. Find your Meter Number.
- Initiate the ABS process and select Avista Utilities from the drop down menu.
- Complete the Permission to Release Utility Data agreement.
After Avista receives and validates the building owner’s request, Avista will begin to automatically upload usage data to Portfolio Manager and will continue to upload energy usage data to Portfolio Manager through the ABS on a monthly basis until you terminate the service.
All natural gas and/or electric usage uploaded to the Energy Star® website is prorated to calendar month, click here (PDF) for details.